This knee brace can be used as an alternative to surgery, as well as for post-surgery rehabilitation. This brace can be left on all day but should be removed while your dog is resting and sleeping. Each brace contains two removable angled splints that further restrict the movement of the knee, so you can choose the level of support your dog needs.
This cruciate kit contains 2 knee braces and a connector strap to attach the braces to a front harness so that it is secure on the dog.
- Cruciate ligament tears
- Luxation of the patella
- Knee joint conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis
- Varus and valgus
- Alternative to surgery in combination with physiotherapy
- Post-surgery rehabilitation (recommended to be used for 2 months with splints after surgery, can be applied 2 days after cage rest recovery)
- The brace can be used in pre- and post-surgery
- Breathable fabric
- Excellent wearability
- Hand washable
- Adjustable straps
- Two angled lateral splints in aluminium inserted into special pockets restrict movement
- Stability to aid recovery
- The brace can also be used without splints for conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis. This is because the compression it provides increases the blood pressure in the area, raising the temperature and reducing the pain caused by the conditions
- The brace has two pockets, which contain two angled splints that restrict the movement of the knee when necessary
Please view the diagram below for reference and measure the circumference around the thigh above the knee (A), below the knee (B) and check that the height of the brace is suitable for your dog's size (h).
Front brace (h)
||3.1-5.1" / 8-13cm
|| 1.2-2" / 3-5cm
||5.9" / 8cm
||5.5-7" / 14-18cm
||2-2.75" / 5-7cm
||3.9" / 10cm
||7.5-9.8" / 19-25cm
||3.15-5.9" / 8-15cm
||5.9" / 15cm
||10.2-12.2" / 26-31cm
||3.9-6.3" / 10-16cm
||7" / 18cm
||11.4-13.4" / 29-34cm
||4.7-7" / 12-18cm
||8.7" / 22cm
||over 14" / 36cm
||9.8" / 25cm
* XXS size is recommended for Chihuahua and dogs weighing 2-4 kg.
*XL fits a maximum size of A - 60cm.
How to use:
Recommendations for use
- During the period of restraint, it is advisable not to leave the dog alone for too long, because it might try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it
- Be careful of the band when applying the brace to a male dog. When wrapping the band around the pelvis, pass the band in front of foreskin in order to avoid compressing the urethra.